Become a Contributor!
Do you think Bittermelon could benefit from your contribution? Then we would love to hear from you! We are always looking for new, well-crafted, 100% original content from competent and skilled guest writers who have something of value to say.
If that sounds like you, then we kindly ask you to consider several of our guidelines for guest post pitches. Here at Bittermelon, we take special care to provide thoroughly researched and science-backed information that our readers can rely on to enhance their eating habits and overall health.
Hence, we expect nothing less from our guest writers, as we try to maintain an equally high level of quality in every publication on our site. That also means that we like to provide new takes and fresh content that hasn’t been done before, so originality is also high up on our list of priorities. If you’re still convinced you’d like to write for us, you will find more on how to do that below.
How to Pitch us Your Idea
In addition to excellent pieces of writing, we like to present our readers with new information or a fresh take on a subject that’s already been covered. So it would be helpful to both our editors and to you if you would pitch us your idea before submitting an already written article.
We ask you, however, that you do not contact us with sales pitches or marketing articles for your or someone else’s product. That is not the type of content we publish and our audience knows us well enough to have developed expectations for the kind of pieces we will deliver to them.
We also reserve the right to reject pitches that do not fit the style or theme of our site. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the categories and subjects of our publications to get a better idea of what we’re looking for in a guest post.
What We Would Like to See in a Guest Contribution
We appreciate that you’ve taken the time to reach this part. As we value the time and effort of our readers just as much, we make it out top responsibility to provide them with content that already fits their established expectations for format, quality, reliability, etc. So please be sure to consider these same factors when writing your post.
• Factual correctness. It is paramount that your guest post be backed with hard data and facts that can be verified by reliable sources. After all, the site is strictly science-based, and we would like to keep it that way.
• Readability. Make sure your writing is both comprehensive and easy to read. Short sentences and short paragraphs are ideal, and pay attention to formatting, as well.
• Links. Relevant hyperlinks that link to authoritative sources and are relevant to the information presented in the article are fine. Irrelevant hyperlinks, however, will be removed.
• No advertising. We don’t publish advertisements or promotional materials.
• Final draft. Your article should be proof-read, edited and double-checked for mistakes before you submit it to us.
If all of the above is met, your article will pass through our editorial team and will be published soon after. You can contact us for more information at [email protected] or by the form below: